Response to Dr Robert Gallo’s criticisms of Celia Farber’s Harper article
Click here to link to response from Roberto A. Giraldo and Etienne de Harven, MD to Dr Robert Gallo
HIV TESTS CANNOT DIAGNOSE HIV INFECTION
A reply to several of the numerous fallacies contain ed in the document entitled
“Errors in Celia Farber’s March 2006 article in Harper’s Magazine”
(Gallo et al 2006).
Dr Roberto A. Giraldo, Professor Etienne de Harven, MD
- Several false statements regarding HIV testing by Gallo, Geffen, Gonsalves, et al. (Gallo et al 2006).
- Pharmaceutical companies acknowledge that HIV tests are not specific for HIV infection.
- HIV has never been either isolated or purified in a scientifically acceptable manner.
- So-called HIV-proteins are not specific markers of HIV .
- So-called HIV-RNA is not a specific marker of HIV.
- False positive reactions on HIV tests.
- The real meaning of being “HIV-positive” or “seropositive.”
- Experiments proposed during the South African Presidential AIDS Advisory Panel.
- Conclusions and recommendations.
1. Several false statements regarding HIV testing by Gallo, Geffen, Gonsalves, et al. (Gallo et al 2006).
Dr Roberto Giraldo: Physician specialist in internal medicine, infectious and tropical diseases. Independent AIDS researcher. Member of the South African Presidential AIDS Advisory Panel. Former President of Rethinking AIDS. Queens, New York.
Professor Etienne de Harven, MD: Physician, specialist in pathology, virology and electron microscop y. Emeritus Professor of Pathology, University of Toronto , Toronto, Canada. Member of the South African Presidential AIDS Advisory Panel. President of Rethinking AIDS, France.